- Subscriber help/services
- How can I buy a single article online?
- Where can I find Instructions to authors?
- Why do we ask you to sign a Licence to Publish?
- How do I obtain permission to use work that has previously been published?
- Can I order offprints of my article?
- How long will I have to wait for my offprints?
- Can I order reprints of previously published articles?
- How do I find out about Right and permissions?
How can I buy a single article online?
If you would like to access a paper from a Portland Press journal to which you do not have access/a subscription you can view and download the PDF of the paper using the pay per view option. The price of single articles in Portland Press journals is £30.
Access to the full text of Portland Press online journals is restricted to institutional subscribers. This is done by restricting the IP (Internet) addresses that are able to access the full journal. If you already have a subscription to the journal you can use the IP address registration form to register your IP addresses for access.
To access a paper on a pay per view basis simply browse the journal archive and select the paper of your choice. When you try to access the full text of a paper that is restricted to subscribers only, you will be prompted for your username and password, press cancel and the pay per view options will be displayed.
If you have any subscription queries please contact email@example.com
If you have a technical problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we ask you to sign a Licence to Publish?
- you authorize Portland Press to act to defend your copyright, although we are under no obligation to act in this way;
- it will enable us to deal efficiently with requests from third parties to reproduce or reprint the article, or part of it.
Ownership of copyright remains with you as the author (or with your employer if they own the copyright in the work) and you retain non-exclusive rights to do the following (provided that the Journal is acknowledged in standard bibliographic citation form):
- use your article as long as it is not sold or given away in ways which would conflict directly with the commercial business interests of Portland Press Ltd
- reproduce your article in whole or in part in any printed work of which you are the author
- use your article for teaching purposes within your institution, including use in course packs
- post an electronic version (Word or PDF) of the final accepted manuscript of your article on your website or institutional repository 6 months after the printed Journal is in the public domain, provided you give a hyperlink from the article to the Journal's website together with the following text: "The final version of record is available at (http://www.cellbiolint.org/)"
You need not seek permission from Portland Press Ltd to apply the above rights.
Please note: you are NOT permitted to post the Portland Press Ltd version of your article online.
Full details will be provided on the Licence to Publish that you will be asked to sign after you submit your article.
How do I obtain permission to use work that has previously been published?
- Please direct all requests to reprint work previously published in the Biochemical Journal, Biochemical Society Transactions, Clinical Science, Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, Biology of the Cell, Bioscience Reports, Cell Signalling Biology and any books published by Portland Press to:
The Editorial Office
Portland Press Limited
Charles Darwin House
12 Roger Street
London WC1N 2JU
Tel: +44(0) 20 7685 2410
Fax: +44(0) 20 7685 2469
- Please give as much detail as possible about the previously published work and the new work it is to appear in.
Can I order offprints of my article?
- No free offprints are supplied for Journal articles. Offprints of journal articles must be ordered before the article is published. You will receive a form for ordering offprints with the proof of your article. Offprints cannot be provided after an article is published; however, reprints can be ordered (see below).
How long will I have to wait for my offprints?
- If you have ordered offprints, please note that the following delivery times apply:
- 1 to 2 months - Europe
- 2 to 3 months - USA, Canada
- 3 to 4 months - Japan, Australia, Korea
- 4 to 6 months - India
- You can pay for a faster delivery of offprints, which must be specified at the time of ordering. Please add 40% to the total cost of your offprints for this service.
- If you have any queries regarding offprints, please contact the Editorial Office at email@example.com
Can I order reprints of previously published articles?
- Reprints of published articles can be ordered from the Editorial Office. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the number you require and where they are to be delivered to. You will then receive a quote.
- If the reprints are for an article of which you are not the author, you must specify what the reprints will be used for and obtain the permission of the author.